- Kefir is a fermented milk beverage, rich in probiotics, vitamins, and is nearly lactose free
- Kefir has been called a God sent, feel-good, healing drink due to its numerous health benefits
- Kefir is a powerful, all-natural probiotic
20-30 types of live beneficial bacteria and yeast all living together in symbiosis typical yogurt usually only contains one or two live micro cultures
- Many vitamins, minerals, other elements can be found in kefir
- Kefir contains many group B vitamins, vitamin A, C, D, E, K2, folic acid, biotin, macroelements such as magnesium, calcium, phosphorus, and potassium
- It has microelements such as iron, zinc, iodine, selenium, and manganese
- Kefir is high in protein and low in calories
- It is excellent for weight loss
- One cup of low fat kefir typically provides 7-14 grams of protein with only about 140 calories.
- Kefir is easily digested and even suitable for lactose intolerant people
- About 99% lactose free
- Kefir is excellent for GI system
- Helps to fight GI disorders such as inflammatory bowel disease, irritable bowel disease, ulcers, c.diff and other forms of diarrhea, Crohn’s, constipation, leaky gut, some liver problems, gallbladder problems, colitis
- Fights digestive tract infections and inhibits the growth of harmful bacteria or fungus such as H.pylori, E. coli, Salmonella, or Candida
- Boosts immunity
- Good for people who are finishing antibiotic regimens to restore intestinal microflora
- Kefir helps to fight cancer?
- Scientific articles have been written about anti malignant properties of kefir. In 2014 International Journal of Oncology revealed study that kefir promotes death of cancerous cells
- Please remember that our company cannot give medical advice and you should always check with your doctor before initiating any therapy
- Kefir has a calming effect on the nervous system
- Helps with stress and insomnia
- Kefir is believed to increase longevity of life and has anti-aging properties
- Kefir helps to strengthen bones
- Good source of Calcium
- Helps against osteoporosis
- Detoxifies the body
- Improves nutrient absorption
- Anti Inflammatory & allergy reducing properties
- Lowers cholesterol and helps to lower blood pressure
- Beneficial in management of asthma due to its anti-inflammatory properties
- Kefir helps to lower blood sugar in diabetics
- Russians say that is it eases the misery of hangovers
What are kefir grains?
They are clusters of live beneficial bacteria and yeast that live together in symbiosis. Kefir grains feed on lactose and turn milk into kefir. Kefir grains thrive at normal room temperatures 68-75 °F. They love oxygen too. So make sure to give them plenty of airflow. In optimal conditions they will grow and multiply. If you keep them in our plastic cage they may outgrow the cage. Make sure to give them plenty of space.
Kefir grains might be frozen, dehydrated, or "put to sleep" by cold temperatures. When not in daily use we recommend to store the kefir grains in the refrigerator in milk where they go dormant. I usually wash my dormant grains and change their milk every couple of weeks for better storage.
Kefir provides your gut with beneficial bacteria that should be a part of your normal gut flora. The good bacteria help your GI system with digestion and detoxification.
Sometimes when you take a round of antibiotics for whatever reason in addition to killing the bad bugs you also wipe out the good, normal flora of your gut. Kefir helps you to restore that flora. Kefir brings back the balance that your body needs.
What is water kefir?
In a nutshell
- Homemade kefir is the most powerful natural probiotic known to men
- Our homemade probiotic kefir & yogurt contain 5-10 times more types of live beneficial cultures than regular store sold products
- Our products make natural and delicious probiotics in the comfort of your own home
- The homemaking process is very simple: just pour milk into our specially made container and let it stand at the room temperature for 20-24h then enjoy!
- Kefir has numerous health benefits (healing properties, immunity boost, helps heal many gastrointestinal disorders). Learn more here
- The container includes live probiotic cultures (kefir grains) that turn milk into kefir, yogurt, cheese, cottage cheese, or sour cream
- Prefer it organic? No problem! Just add organic milk instead
- Kefir grains are reusable and long-lasting. See instructions tab for details
- The grains live for months and even years when properly taken care of
- Caring for the grains is very simple just keep them in milk
- Kefir grains are stored in the refrigerator in milk when not in use, as they go dormant in cool temperatures. They can also be frozen
- Our kefir fermenter will save you hundreds of dollars per year as compared to store sold buttermilk, kefir, or yogurt
- On average a 32 oz. bottle of premade kefir or yogurt costs about $4 and is depleted in days, the average kefir fermenter costs $16 and may last for years
- Not interested in dairy products? Check out our water kefir for pickling and fermentation of vegetables here